Web development refers to the web design, web content creation, configuring network security and usage of server-side/client-side scripting to bring a website to life.
Stages of web development
- To create a website, one would need a domain name and hosting platform. The domain name is the web address of your website like mysite.com. Paid or free, a domain name should reflect your business or your brand. This is because users are going to search you on the internet with keywords representing your brand and they should be able to find you easily.
- Next step would be to host your website on the web. This is done by hosting provider who will make space for your site contents on the web. It will display your web content quickly and ensure there are no downtimes. Blue host is a popular hosting provider.
- Next up create a website. One can code from scratch or use a Content Management System (CMS). Using a CMS is far easier than building a website with coding in languages like HTML and PHP. CMS is a platform which is user-friendly and simple. One just needs to copy paste content to the website and customize it as needed. WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla are the three famous and free CMSs used by people for web development.
- Using CMS like WordPress will provide numerous possibilities and functionalities to give wings to your imagination and bring it to the table with your website. One can select the desired theme, layout, colors, pages, posts, contact forms and populate website.
Points to keep in mind
Web development has become intuitive and easy these days. However, it is essential that one keeps the below pointers in mind while doing so:
- Keep the user in mind while developing a website. The user should understand what you are offering to him and where can he find whatever he is searching for.
- The website should work as efficiently on any portable device like mobile and tablet. This is undeniably important in a world increasingly using mobile devices for communication and work.
- Avoid keyword stuffing in an attempt to rank higher in search engines.
- Using large sized and high-resolution images can slow down the website, use images after compressing them instead.
- Coding standards should be maintained in web development to ensure the website performance is optimized. With reduced attention spans of customers and increased competition in the online market, it is important not to keep users waiting.
- Avoid irreparable damages to the company reputation caused in case of hacks. Always encrypt sensitive data like user credentials and prevent sensitive data from being compromised.
March 12, 2019
January 18, 2019
January 5, 2019